Saturday, June 30, 2012

Games and Learning...Join me on my Adventure in Game Based Learning


My name is Steve Isaacs and I am very excited about Game Based Learning, and more specifically using Game Design and Development as a Teaching / Learning tool.  I developed and teach Video Game Design and Development at William Annin Middle School in Basking Ridge, NJ.  and online for Virtual High School.  I love to facilitate the learning process and witness that spark being lit as students become excited about learning and problem solving.  I'm a true believe that providing opportunities that engage students and put them in an environment that is intrinsically motivating does more to help develop lifelong learners than anything else.  Video Game Design and Development is interdisciplinary and encourages collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and so much more!
This fall I will begin work toward my doctorate as I was selected to be part of the inaugural cohort in the Ed.D. program in Educational Technology at Boise State university.  I will be focusing my research on Games and Learning with a focus on Game Design and Development.  Thanks for reading and contributing to my blog.